Find a Pro in Biddeford, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the estimated labor cost to paint the interior of a home?
The cost to paint the inside of your house depends on the square footage of the room. A single 300-square-foot space will be much more economical than the entire house, especially a spacious residence.
On average, expect to spend around $3 to $7 per square foot when employing a nearby professional to paint the inside of your house. You'll spend less if you paint the interior on your own or live in an area with low labor rates. However, some factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend upwards of $8 per square foot or higher if you have high ceilings, need structural repair, or want accent walls.
How frequently should I consider repainting my house's exterior?
There are a few obvious signs to keep an eye out for, such as cracking and chipping paint, but there are also some less obvious things that can create problems too. Exterior painting is a pretty big job, so it's always a good idea to hire painting specialists.
Unfortunately, there is no set timeline for a new coat, since every property is different. Most experts express that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years. This will be determined by factors such as where you're located, climate, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, you may be uncertain about when its most recent paint job was done. It's highly advisable to try and find out, since possessing in-depth information about the paint job will be critical. The kind of paint utilized, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color chosen can all impact its durability. It may be helpful to know the season in which it was painted, since whether your house was painted on a sunny or overcast day can affect how well the paint dried.
What services fall under the domain of a house painter?
A few of the services a vetted painter generally conducts include:
- Advise the Best Colors: When struggling to identify the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your vetted expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and will take care of the prep work before painting begins.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painter preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they see anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas must be remediated before painting can commence, of course. Your professional might then recommend dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Repairs: The best painters are proficient at carrying out such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When employing an expert painter, you likely won't have to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much do painters typically charge per hour?
Typically, a painter's cost of labor ranges from $22-$43 an hour, not counting taxes or product included.
Bear in mind that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay a professional painter hourly. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or any gallons of paint is not reflected in that cost.
Vetted Residential Painters Serving Near Biddeford, ME
When you're looking for a good house painter near Biddeford, ME, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and needs. Painting your home is a smart choice to bring new life into your residence while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that gives a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted home works to improve your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or make great recommendations about different paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors will even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your house also features plenty of useful advantages for its durability. Paint works as a sealant to protect the wood from a range of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use tool that organizes all the necessary information to help you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of vetted painters in Biddeford, ME and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly message expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who will deliver the quality and value you need.