Find a Pro in Boothbay Harbor, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How should you go about selecting the most suitable exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home's exterior, choosing an elegant color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the right choice. It's fairly affordable to enhance the appearance of your home with help from a skilled and equipped painting contractor. These are some of the considerations you should make when choosing a color pattern for your exterior painting job:
- Color arrangement: The colors you select should flow with the overarching design you're going for and the atmosphere you want to spend time in. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends substantial time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are tasteful shades that have the ability to put you at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that stands out from the others, yellows and oranges are vivid enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Toned down, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more cozy and comfortable.
What benefits come with the decision to recruit a professional contractor for exterior painting?
Recruiting an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your home will normally provide you with a high-quality outcome than you could bring about on your own. DIY jobs don't always go as planned unless you have the materials and training to perform the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of attempting to fix errors, homeowners can turn to an exterior painter to perform the job as skillfully as possible. The skill they've garnered from their experience in the field will be reflected in the degree of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the siding, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you need to a contractor to do it all. With their high-quality approach and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or delivering subpar results.
How can you prepare your home for an exterior painting project?
Exterior painting delivers outstanding results when it is done with close attention to detail and according to top standards. Professional painters are prepared with the knowledge, materials, and techniques to do the job with excellent craftsmanship. First-rate craftsmanship starts with taking precautions that help the paint adhere and look amazing for many years. These are certain steps you need to take to get ready for an exterior painting job:
- Power wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt provides you with a clean area to work with, so using pressure washing tools is a productive way to wash it off.
- Scrape off chipped paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove flaky or cracked pieces that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can repair damage on exterior of your home so that you can work with a flat texture.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it with a smooth varnish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to help the paint stick.
Can you offer an estimate of the expense involved in painting the exterior of a house?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a worthy investment for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can contribute to the overall cost is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can mean high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and provide you with an accurate estimate for the expenses you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Best Way to Search for Exterior Painting Contractors in Boothbay Harbor, ME
Begin your search for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can conveniently compare and hire companies in Boothbay Harbor, ME. If your home needs some new paint, you can hire a contractor with the skills and experience to deliver excellent services. You can update your property's design with a new pop of color that offers a durable barrier preventing damage from the elements at the same time. By recruiting a contractor to carry out the job, you're ensuring it will meet your specifications.
On our comprehensive home management app, you can swiftly search for professionals, take a look at ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can take a look at results from previous exterior painting jobs to get a good idea of what they can provide. Search through professional profiles and easing your search is more efficient when you download our no-cost app. It's convenient and simple to use for homeowners to select the most qualified candidates for the job near them. Additionally, you can direct message professional painters, ask for an estimate, and book a consultation all in one place.
Discuss the project details with an exterior painter who can offer you beneficial tips and help you decide on a beautiful color scheme. Having a newly painted home can raise your property value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's awesome what a good color, sheen, and application can do to breathe some new life into a space. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from several local professionals prepared to start the project and perform exceptional craftsmanship. Get an outstanding finished product by downloading our app and reach out to a skilled professional to take care of every step in the process with the utmost attention to detail.