Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Bowdoin, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of perks should I expect when deciding to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that plenty of homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a smart practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than replace it. Some other amazing perks of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and hassle-free project to update their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're reusing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the trouble of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive professional results when you allow a competent contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to make sure your cabinets appear as you planned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
What are the distinctions of cabinet refacing and the refinishing of cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used together, but there are big differences between them and handymen will need to know which service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the existing doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features its own unique approach and gives a distinctive effect in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often should cabinets be refinished?
One of the great things with wood is that it can be refinished many times to make the product appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, such as the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the project needs to be repeated is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing project can last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing a good investment in my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than installing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable way to boost your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets could already fit in well with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires less chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents of Bowdoin, ME have reported paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this project is best for you.
Hire a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Bowdoin, ME
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to beautify the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several homeowners in Bowdoin, ME have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many homeowners are beginning to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less chaotic to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and reliability through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Bowdoin, ME with confidence.