Find a Pro in Brooks, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What's the average rate per hour for most painters?
The average painting contractor's cost of services ranges from $22 to $43 per hour, not counting tax or overhead included.
Bear in mind that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay a professional painter per hour. Therefore, that price does not reflect the cost of insurance, tax, tools, or any gallons of paint.
Will interior painting give an adequate ROI?
Almost always the answer is yes, and there are other valuable advantages to be had from interior painting services:
- Boost the Appeal of Your Residence: A great paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. Interior painting can also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even over asking price. Even if you are not considering selling your home in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the best ROIs when considering the effect on property value and appeal.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly project to update your house, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. Assuming you haven't painted your home in the past few years or have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, many people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which option you choose, a fresh paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted safeguards your home now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are constructed of components that naturally retain moisture. Eventually, too much absorption can result in compromised walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health risks. Paint enables you to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your residence.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints currently are produced with low or no VOCs. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great choice for your property. A new coat of paint also limits dirt and other toxins to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Amazing: All residences have flaws and imperfections. Walls often show scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your home over time. Getting your house's interior painted covers those imperfections and can make your home look updated and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by a vetted painter will also update your home with a contemporary look.
What is the least busiest season of year for painting contractors?
A major benefit to scheduling during the colder months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep most homeowners from doing home improvement projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
For that reason, it's possible they'll decrease their price than what they normally charge in busier times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
What will it typically cost for labor to paint the interior of a home?
The cost to paint the interior of your home is dependant on the overall size of the room. One 300-square-foot area will be much more affordable than the entire house, especially a larger one.
On average, expect to spend between $3 and $7 per square foot when employing a local professional to paint the interior of your home. You'll spend less if you paint the interior yourself or reside in an area with low labor rates. However, other factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend up to $8 per square foot or higher if you have tall ceilings, need structural repair, or want accents.
Find an Experienced Residential Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces in in Brooks, Maine
When you require a good residential painter near Brooks, Maine, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your home is an excellent way to bring new life into your property while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that delivers a good ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted house can elevate your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or offer great recommendations about different paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors can even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your home also supplies several practical benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a variety of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing capability of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will beautify your house inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that brings together all the necessary information to let you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of vetted painters in Brooks, Maine and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also enables you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for a pro who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.