Find a pro in Brookton, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really postpone the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Maine // Brookton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Brookton, Maine
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Brookton, Maine. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Brookton, Maine. Find the right contractor for your house today.