Find a pro in Brownville, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Brownville, ME
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Brownville, ME, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the skills and experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to find the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.