Find a pro in Burnham, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Burnham, Maine
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Burnham, Maine. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Burnham, Maine. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.