Find a Cabinet Painter in Carmel, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Maine // Carmel
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will I be restricted to the type of paint I can use for my cabinets?
A commonly asked question is about the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and that used with walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for home walls will encounter many difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them that sleek look. Common wall paints will not stick adequately to cabinets and can start to chip and flake off prematurely. The kind of paint professionals utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also necessitates extended time to dry and cure than those typically used on walls.
How can I determine if I've found the right cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to find the most suitable one for your needs and style requires a substantial amount of consideration. The first place to start is by understanding exactly what aesthetic you want to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see a sample of their prior work aligning with your vision beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and ability. Trustworthy contractors would be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You need to have a set budget worked out while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate significantly. Check that any painter you consider provides documentation of all equipment and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's expected completion. What you don't need is for unexpected surprises to pop up after the project commences that can raise costs above what you planned for.
Give attention to the professional's reliability by checking any online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from previous clients for view online, and these are also a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and on budget.
Should I just paint over my present cabinets?
It's always enticing to immediately start painting and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming task when attempting it on your own, but a professional can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality starting with the most important prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt or grease are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning phase is also the right time to take apart the cabinets and its components, such as drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great leaps, and there are products that professionals use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also reach any nooks and crannies that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in many cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as enabling better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the current paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only flake away and require repainting sooner than expected.
What is the usual cost of a professional cabinet painter?
There are several factors that affect the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Carmel, Maine, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's advised to first obtain quotes from several professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors might charge you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your contractor will need to recoup the price of materials if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with one gallon usually being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the project completed.
You'll need to discuss your home's unique cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Update Your Kitchen for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near Carmel, Maine
A quick way to increase the value of your home and update the look of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a more affordable option over expensive replacements that also requires less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of heavy use and provide an updated look that will match your current tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painter around Carmel, Maine varies, but many customers have reported spending as much as three times less on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates of different contractors in your area, factors such as the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painting contractors to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also advantages for the planet when you decide to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing process with wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your current cabinets may be in good enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll love.
While searching for the perfect cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should evaluate their customer reviews, gallery of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A dependable contractor will be willing to show you a history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you understand exactly what to expect when the job is finished. Locate all important information you need to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter near Carmel, Maine confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.