Find a pro in Cornish, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Cornish, Maine
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Cornish, Maine, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.