Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Deer Isle, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Maine // Deer Isle
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are some perks of cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement task that many homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of completely replacing them is a smart practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great perks of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively little work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple project to update their style versus installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the long process of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get excellent results when you allow an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to guarantee your cabinets look as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Where does cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between them and handymen will need to understand what service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the current doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features a unique approach and offers a distinctive result in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often can cabinets undergo refinishing
One of the best benefits about wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the process must be repeated is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing service should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing a good investment in the look of my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it might be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a wide range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable project to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets might already fit in well with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves less disruption to your daily life in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Deer Isle, ME have related spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
One Place With All The Information You Need To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in Deer Isle, ME Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to beautify the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and several homeowners in Deer Isle, ME have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many homeowners are starting to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Deer Isle, ME confidently.