Find a Cabinet Painter in Dennysville, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Maine // Dennysville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will I be limited by the kind of paint I can put on my cabinets?
A commonly asked question pertains to the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and that used on walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the kind of paint preferred for interior walls will face many challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them their sophisticated aesthetic. Typical wall paints might not adhere properly to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking off prematurely. The kind of paint professionals use for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also requires longer drying and curing times than those usually applied to walls.
Which qualities should I look for in a reliable cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to discover the most suitable one for your needs and vision takes a substantial amount of effort. The first place to begin is by understanding precisely what look you want to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see a sample of their past work similar to what you're looking for beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and ability. Trustworthy contractors will be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a set budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate widely. Ensure that any contractor you consider provides written statements of all equipment and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's expected completion. The last thing you want is for unexpected surprises to pop up once the project begins that can raise costs above what you planned for.
Pay close attention to the contractor's reputation by checking their online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from previous clients for view online, and these can be a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and within budget.
Is it necessary to prime or sand cabinets prior to painting?
It's always enticing to immediately begin painting and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming task when doing it on your own, but a professional can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality starting with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that all dirt or grime are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning stage is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and its gear, such as drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products that professionals use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also reach any nooks and crannies that are exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in most cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only peel away and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
What is the usual price of an experienced cabinet painter?
There are several things that play into the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Dennysville, ME, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's suggested to first obtain quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters might bill you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: The contractor must recoup the price of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with one gallon typically being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the project finished.
You'll want to discuss your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Discover a Cabinet Painting Contractor in Dennysville, ME Who Will Bring Your Ideas to Life
An exceptional way to enhance the appeal of your home and refresh the look of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a cost-effective alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of wear and tear and give them a new look that will suit your current style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painter near Dennysville, ME fluctuates, but many homeowners have reported spending less than a third on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, aspects such as the variety of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. You should start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also advantages for the world when you decide to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing process of wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for logging. Your existing cabinets may be in decent enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
When searching for the perfect cabinet painting contractor aligning with your budget and needs, you should evaluate their client reviews, portfolio of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A dependable contractor will be willing to share a history of past projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you understand precisely what to expect when the project is finished. Discover all important information needed to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Dennysville, ME easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.