Find a Cabinet Painter in Etna, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Maine // Etna
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there any difference with cabinet paint and wall paint?
An often asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the type of paint preferred for interior walls will face some difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them that sleek look. Common wall paints will not adhere properly to cabinets and can start chipping or flaking away prematurely. The type of paint contractors choose for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also needs longer drying and curing times than those typically applied to walls.
What features should I search for in a reliable cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to find the perfect one for your needs and style requires a substantial amount of effort. A good place to begin is by understanding precisely what style you want to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see a sample of their prior work matching your vision beforehand to get a sense of their experience and ability. Trustworthy contractors would be pleased to grant this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a defined budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate largely. Check that any contractor you hire gives written statements of all material and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's timeline. The last thing you want is for unexpected surprises to occur after the project commences that can raise costs above what you planned for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reputation by assessing any online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from past customers available online, and these can be an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and within budget.
Should I simply paint over my kitchen cabinets?
It's may be enticing to immediately start dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming project when doing it on your own, but a professional can quickly and effectively bring your vision to life starting with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt and grime are completely removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning stage is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and its components, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great strides, and there are products that contractors use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also reach any places that are exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be mandatory in some cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as facilitating better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only chip away and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
What is the usual cost for an experienced cabinet painter?
There are many things that play into the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. In Etna, ME, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's suggested to first seek out quotes from various contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors may bill you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: Your contractor must recoup the cost of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints utilized in cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the project performed.
You'll want to discuss your home's specific cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Hire a Cabinet Painting Contractor in Etna, ME Who Will Bring Your Ideas to Life
A smart way to increase the appeal of your house and refresh the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a cost-effective alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of wear and tear and give them a new look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter in Etna, ME fluctuates, but some customers have reported spending as much as three times less on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, factors such as the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painting contractors to discover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the world when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods of wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your current cabinets could be in fair enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll love.
When hunting for the best cabinet painting professional matching your budget and needs, you should analyze their customer reviews, gallery of past work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A dependable contractor will be happy to share a history of past projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you know precisely what to expect when the project is complete. Discover all important information you need to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter in Etna, ME confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.