Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Freeport, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish my cabinets rather than install new models?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly advantageous home improvement task that many people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a great way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other great benefits of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically change the style of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and hassle-free project to refresh their style compared to installing new ones. Because you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the chaos of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll get professional outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to make sure your cabinets appear as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I know of refacing cabinets - is it similar to refinishing them?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used together, but there are distinct differences between them and professional contractors will need to know what service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the existing doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and gives a certain outcome in the appearance of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How long can refinished cabinets retain their new look
One of the best advantages with wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times you can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, including the strength of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long any refinished cabinets will hold up before the process must be repeated is dependent on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing job will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as opposed to installing them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit waste by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive project to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets might already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves less disruption to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents in Freeport, ME have reported paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
One Platform Containing All The Information Necessary To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Freeport, ME With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to beautify the style of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several people in Freeport, ME have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many people are choosing to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Freeport, ME confidently.