Find a pro in Hiram, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time for services.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Hiram, ME
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Hiram, ME, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing companies featured on our site have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.