Find a Pro in Hollis Center, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What all can a residential painter do?
Here is what a professional painter will help with:
- Choose Colors: When struggling to select the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your vetted painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter knows this and can handle this prep work before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your home painting service prepares for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they notice things such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces need to be fixed before painting can start, of course. Your professional could then recommend reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Conduct Repairs: Most painting contractors are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By enlisting an expert painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped your home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and made necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much do expert painters charge hourly?
Typically, a painter's price on services varies between $22-$43 an hour, and that excludes materials or tax.
Take into account that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting specialist hourly. Accordingly, that price does not include the cost of insurance, tax, tools, or any gallons of paint.
What are some benefits of choosing interior painting?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting services:
- Increase the Value of Your Residence: A great paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. Interior painting will also help sell a house that's on the market quicker, even over listing price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your house in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement project with one of the highest returns when considering the effect on property value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly project to update your house, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your interior in the past few years and have older colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, growing numbers of people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the color scheme you pick, a fresh paint color will affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted protects your home now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are made of components that easily absorb moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture will result in degraded walls which can be dangerous to your property's structural integrity. Water within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health risks. Paint is designed to keep water from getting through the porous walls of your property.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints these days are manufactured with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family have allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the perfect choice for your home. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Amazing: All homes harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently obtain scratches, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your house over time. Having your home's interior painted hides those cosmetic issues and will make your home look updated and clean. A lustrous coat of paint put on by a professional contractor will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
When do painters experience the slowest business season?
A major selling point to booking during the colder months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps people from wanting to do projects, so painters are more readily available.
For that reason, they might be able to decrease their price than what they normally charge in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painting contractors are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
Vetted Residential Painters Near in Hollis Center, ME
When you're looking for a good residential painter near Hollis Center, ME, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent option to bring new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that delivers a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted home can enhance your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or make great recommendations about different paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors will even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your house also brings plenty of practical benefits for its durability. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a range of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly tool that compiles all the important information to let you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of professional painters in Hollis Center, ME and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also permits you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for a pro who will deliver the quality and value you need.