Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Kingfield, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Maine // Kingfield
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish used cabinets rather than install new models?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a great way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose current furniture rather than replace it. Some other excellent advantages of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically change the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and easy way to refresh their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're reusing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the chaos of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to guarantee your cabinets appear as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I know of refacing cabinets - is it the same as refinishing them?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used together, but there are big differences between them and handymen will need to know which service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the current doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features a unique approach and offers a distinctive effect in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently will cabinets need to be refinished
One of the best benefits with wood is that it can be refinished several times to make furniture look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the durability of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the project needs to be repeated depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing job should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
How will I determine if cabinet refinishing is a good option to bring my vision to life?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than buying new models and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit waste by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets could already work well with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal disruption to your daily life in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
People of Kingfield, ME have related paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this option is best for you.
One Site With All The Information You Need To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Kingfield, ME Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to transform the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several people in Kingfield, ME have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many people are choosing to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and reliability through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Kingfield, ME confidently.