Find a Pro in Lagrange, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you pick the best exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home, selecting a classic color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the right choice. It's relatively inexpensive to boost the appearance of your home with help from a skilled and experienced contractor. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when selecting a color scheme for your exterior painting job:
- Color scheme: The colors you select should go with the overarching aesthetic you're going for and the ambiance you want to spend time in. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends a lot of time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are elegant shades that have the tendency to put you at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that stands out from the others, yellows and oranges are bold enough to attain the desired results.
- Comfort: Muted, versatile colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a home feel more comfortable and comfortable.
What advantages come with the choice to recruit a professional for exterior painting?
Seeking an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your home will usually provide you with a better result than you could achieve by yourself. DIY jobs rarely go as you hope unless you have the tools and knowledge to carry out the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time covering up mistakes, homeowners can seek an exterior painter to perform the job as skillfully as possible. The skill they've garnered from their experience in the field will be reflected in the degree of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From pressure washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you need to a contractor to carry it out. With their high-quality practices and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or providing subpar results.
What steps need to be taken to ready a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting offers the best results when it is done with careful attention to detail and sticking to the highest standards. Professional painters are prepared with the skills, tools, and techniques to perform the job with exceptional workmanship. Remarkable workmanship starts with taking precautions that allow the paint to adhere and look beautiful for many years. Get ready for an exterior painting job by taking these steps:
- Power wash: Removing dirt and grime provides you with a clear area to start working on, so using pressure washing tools is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off chipped paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked parts that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can repair irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work with a clean texture.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it with a smooth result.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to stay.
How much does it cost to paint a home's exterior?
The expenses related to exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a great project for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements all year round. Other criteria that can add to the overall cost is how skilled your contractor is because it can result in higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a painting contractor near you who can discuss the project and give you an accurate quote for the price you can anticipate to pay.
Find and Hire Exterior House Painting Contractors in Lagrange, ME
Start your search for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and recruit companies in Lagrange, ME. If your home needs a fresh coat of paint, you can find a contractor with the skills and experience to offer excellent services. You can upgrade your home's design with fresh paint that simultaneously offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from the elements. By seeking out a professional to take care of the job, you're ensuring it will meet your specifications.
On our full-scope home management app, you can swiftly look for professionals, take a look at ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can check out other exterior painting jobs to gain a good idea of what they can offer. Look through contractor profiles and simplifying your search is a quicker process when you use our free platform. It's convenient and easy to use for homeowners to select the most qualified contractor for the job near them. Additionally, you can send direct messages, receive an estimate, and set up a consultation all on one platform.
Review the details of the job with an exterior painter who can deliver useful suggestions and help you brainstorm a beautiful color scheme. Painting can boost your home value and essentially make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's amazing what the right color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a space. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with help from a number of local contractors ready to start the project and carry out exceptional craftsmanship. Get an exceptional finished product by using our home management platform and get in touch with a skilled exterior painting contractor to handle every step in the process with careful attention to detail.