Find a Pro in Lagrange, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What do most painters charge hourly?
The average painter's cost of services varies from $22 to $43 per hour, without tax or overhead included.
Be mindful that this average is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting contractor hourly. That's only for the service. Insurance, tax, tools, or the paint itself is not reflected in that price.
Is interior painting a good idea?
The short answer is yes, and there are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting services:
- Increase the Appeal of Your Residence: A good paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. It can also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even over listing price. Even if you are not planning on listing your house in the near future, a good interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the best ROIs when factoring in the effect on home value and appeal.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical project to update your residence, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. If you haven't painted your house recently and have poor colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at ease. Additionally, many residents are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what option you choose, a fresh paint color can help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted protects your property now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are manufactured with materials that naturally retain moisture. Eventually, too much accumulation of moisture can result in degraded walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Water within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health risks. Paint is designed to keep moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints these days are made with low or no VOCs. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the best choice for your home. A new application of paint also keeps dirt and other toxins to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: Most houses harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls often show scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your house over time. Having your house's interior painted removes those imperfections and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A fresh paint color applied to your interior can also modernize your home.
What is the least active season for painters?
One of the biggest selling points about scheduling during the colder season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing projects, so painters are more readily available.
Therefore, it's possible they'll decrease their price than what they typically do in busier seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
What is the average cost of labor when painting a house's interior?
The price to paint the inside of your house is dependant on the dimensions of the space. One 300-square-foot area will be much more economical than an entire house, especially a big home.
On average, expect to pay around $3 to $7 per square foot when contracting a local painter to paint the inside of your house. You'll pay less if you paint the space on your own or reside in an area with low labor rates. However, other factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend up to $8 per square foot or higher if you have high ceilings, need wall repair, or want accents.
Vetted Residential Painting Contractors Serving Near Lagrange, ME
When you're looking for a dependable house painter in Lagrange, ME, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent option to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that delivers a great ROI in more ways than one.
How a newly painted house works to boost your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or make excellent suggestions about different paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Various colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also brings many practical benefits for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a range of issues caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use platform that brings together all the important information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of vetted painters in Lagrange, ME and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also enables you to directly message professional house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for a pro who can deliver the quality services you need.