Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Lincoln, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of perks can I expect by choosing to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a very beneficial home improvement project that many homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of completely replacing them is a smart way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. Some other excellent advantages of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically change the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and simple method to update their look versus installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the chaos of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive excellent results when you hire a vetted contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to ensure your cabinets appear as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
In what ways do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used together, but there are distinct differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand which service you need. Refacing is a process of substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the present doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has its own unique approach and imparts a distinctive outcome in the style of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often do I need to refinish cabinets
One of the great advantages with wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make the product look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, including the durability of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the service must be followed up is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing job can last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Are refinished cabinets worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already fit in well with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal disruption to your home compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Lincoln, Maine have reported paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
One Site Containing All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Lincoln, Maine Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and many homeowners in Lincoln, Maine have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your home in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many homeowners are choosing to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less disruptive to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their knowledge and reliability through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Lincoln, Maine with confidence.