Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Lisbon Falls, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How frequently will cabinets need to be refinished
One of the great things with wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, such as the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the service needs to be repeated depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing job will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as opposed to buying new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than buying new ones and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce waste by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets could already work perfectly with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Lisbon Falls, Maine have detailed paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this project is right for you.
Should I be on the hunt for any specific licenses or qualifications when choosing a cabinet refinishing professional?
Though there aren't industry-mandated licenses specifically for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are important qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can refer to when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will showcase their background in carpentry, woodworking, or a related field on their Thumbtack profile.
You will want to ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished in the past, especially featuring finished projects that look like the style you're trying to accomplish. Other than a picture gallery, most professional contractors can showcase their experience and reputation through online client reviews.
A dependable professional should supply a clear written estimate of the job before it begins, listing the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess adequate communication skills and a readiness to address all of your questions and concerns regarding cost, schedule, and craftsmanship during the refinishing project. You should also inquire about any warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another factor that can demonstrate they have faith in the quality of their workmanship.
What methods are involved when a contractor refinishes cabinets?
An expert working on your cabinet refinishing project will adhere to an established process for speed and excellent results. There are typically many steps used to transform the style of existing cabinets, for example:
- Evaluation and Prepping: Cabinets should be first inspected to make sure they are in proper condition for refinishing. If they are, any hardware will be removed, such as handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces need to be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Repair and Fill: Some small issues, like cracks, dings, or similar blemishes in the wood can be repaired or filled before being blended in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in careful, even coats to achieve the style you've envisioned. The drying and curing phase will be crucial to imparting a professional outcome, and may require several hours to complete.
- Reassembly: After your paint or stain has dried, any gear can be reattached and cabinets completely reassembled for use. A quality inspection will guarantee the finished results satisfies your standards, which includes a last cleanup of the entire work area.
It's useful to keep in mind that every refinishing project will vary based on aspects like the kind of cabinets and the chosen finish. Furthermore, contractors may employ specialized techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific stylistic effects, which will require a longer process with more steps. Make sure to speak clearly with any contractor you hire to guarantee they have the skill to bring your vision to reality.
One Site Containing All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Lisbon Falls, Maine Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and many homeowners in Lisbon Falls, Maine have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many homeowners are beginning to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their experience and reliability through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Lisbon Falls, Maine with confidence.