Find a Pro in Lisbon, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What services fall under the scope of a house painter?
Some of the services an expert painter usually performs include:
- Advise the Best Colors: In case you're struggling to find the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your hired painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter knows this and will handle this prep work before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painter prepares for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they find anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces must be remediated before the project can start, of course. Your painter could then recommend reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Most painting contractors are proficient at conducting such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When enlisting an expert painter, you likely won't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What is the usual hourly rate charged by painters?
Typically, a painter's cost of labor varies from $22 to $43 per hour, and that doesn't include materials or tax.
Be mindful that this cost is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting specialist hourly. For that reason, it does not reflect the cost of insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint.
What are the benefits of choosing interior painting?
Almost always the answer is yes, and these are other valuable advantages gained from interior painting services:
- Increase the Appeal of Your Residence: A good paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your home. Interior painting can also help sell a residence that's on the market quicker, even above its asking price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your residence in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the best ROIs when factoring in the impact on property value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively affordable project to update your house, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. If you have not painted your house recently and have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, many people are working from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the option you select, a new paint color can help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted strengthens your house now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with components which naturally retain moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture can result in compromised walls which can be dangerous to your house's structural integrity. Water inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health risks. Paint enables you to keep moisture from getting through the porous walls of your home.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints currently are produced with low or no VOCs. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal option for your interior. A new coat of paint also keeps dust and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Great: All residences have flaws and blemishes. Walls often feature dents, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your residence over the years. Having your home's interior painted eliminates most imperfections and can make your room look updated and clean. A new paint color applied to your interior can also modernize your home.
When is the least busy time of year for painters?
A major benefit about hiring within the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing home improvement projects, so painters are more readily available.
For that reason, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they normally charge in busier times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
Discover a Professional House Painter To Update Your Living Spaces Near Near Lisbon, ME
When you require a reliable house painter in Lisbon, ME, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your home is an excellent way to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that provides a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted home works to elevate your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or make great suggestions about different paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your residence also features many useful benefits for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a host of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use tool that compiles all the necessary information to let you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of vetted painters in Lisbon, ME and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also permits you to directly communicate with expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who can deliver the quality services you deserve.