Find a pro in Milbridge, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Milbridge, Maine
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Milbridge, Maine. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Milbridge, Maine. Get the roofing services you need for your house now.