Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Monmouth, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish my cabinets instead of install new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement task that plenty of homeowners discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of completely replacing them is a good practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other excellent benefits of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically switch up the style of your kitchen through relatively little work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and easy project to update their style compared to installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the hassle of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect professional results when you hire a vetted contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to make sure your cabinets appear as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I've heard of refacing cabinets - is this the same as refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used together, but there are significant differences between them and handymen will need to understand which service you need. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the existing doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has its own unique approach and gives a distinctive effect in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How regularly should cabinets undergo refinishing
One of the best things with wood is that it can be refinished many times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, including the strength of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the process must be followed up depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing job will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
When can cabinet refinishing be the best choice for my space?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to boost its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already work well with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires less disruption to your home compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
People in Monmouth, ME have reported paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this project is best for you.
One Platform for All The Information You Need To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in Monmouth, ME Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several homeowners in Monmouth, ME have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many homeowners are beginning to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and skill through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Monmouth, ME confidently.