Find a Pro in Naples, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What services fall within the domain of a house painter?
A few of the functions a vetted painter typically conducts include:
- Advise the Best Colors: If you're struggling to select the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. This will save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your certified expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and will take care of this prep work before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painting service prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for damage. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they discover anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas need to be remediated before the project can start, of course. Your professional may then direct you towards dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: Expert painting contractors are proficient at conducting such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By hiring a high-quality painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What do painting contractors generally charge per hour?
Normally, a painting contractor's cost of labor ranges from $22 to $43 per hour, and that doesn't include materials or tax.
Take into account that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting contractor hourly. Insurance, tax, equipment, or the paint itself is not reflected in that price.
Is it a good idea to prioritize interior painting for my residence?
Almost always the answer is yes, and these are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Appeal of Your House: A professional paint job can communicate to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. It can also help sell a home that's on the market faster, even over asking price. Even if you are not contemplating listing your home in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painter could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your residence that truly pays off.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly project to update your home, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy place. Assuming you haven't painted your interior in the past few years and have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at ease. Also, growing numbers of people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which color scheme you pick, a new paint color can help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted strengthens your residence now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are manufactured with components that easily absorb moisture. Eventually, too much accumulation of moisture can result in compromised walls which can be risky to your house's structural integrity. Water within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health concerns. Paint enables you to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your residence.
- Enhance Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints now are made with low or zero volatile organic compounds. If you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the best choice for your interior. A fresh coat of paint also limits dust and other particles to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Great: All houses harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls often feature scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your home over the years. Getting your home's interior painted hides all cosmetic issues and can make your home look updated and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by a vetted contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What is the least busy time of year for painters?
A major selling point about hiring during the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The colder conditions often keep most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so painting contractors have more open spots in their schedules.
Accordingly, they might be able to decrease their price than what they normally do in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
Dependable Residential Painters in in Naples, ME
When you want a dependable residential painter near Naples, ME, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent choice to bring new life into your property while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that gives a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted home works to enhance your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or offer great recommendations about different paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your home also supplies plenty of useful benefits for its structural integrity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a variety of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will beautify your home inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a convenient site that compiles all the relevant information to let you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of reputable painters in Naples, ME and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also enables you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who can deliver the quality services you need.