Find a Pro in New Portland, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What factors are critical when choosing the exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color for your home's exterior, selecting a classic color that complements your overall design will be the right choice. It's relatively inexpensive to enhance the appearance of your home with help from a trained and equipped painter. These are some of the factors you should think about when selecting a color arrangement for your exterior painting job:
- Color pattern: The colors you choose should complement the overarching aesthetic you're aiming for and the mood you want to form. Make the place your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are tasteful shades that have the ability to make you feel at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that's distinctive from the rest, yellows and oranges are bold enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Subdued, versatile colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a property feel more pleasant and comfortable.
Why may it be advantageous to recruit the skills of an exterior painting contractor?
Recruiting an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your property will normally offer you a superior outcome than you could achieve on your own. DIY jobs don't always go as planned unless you have the tools and training to carry out the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of covering up mistakes, homeowners can seek an exterior painting professional to perform the project as adeptly as possible. The training they've garnered from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the level of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From pressure washing the exterior, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you should hire a contractor to do it all. With their superior process and guaranteed work, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or offering subpar results.
How do you get a home ready for exterior painting?
Exterior painting delivers outstanding results when it is completed with close attention to detail and sticking to high-quality standards. Professional painters are prepared with the knowledge, tools, and strategies to perform the project with exceptional craftsmanship. Remarkable craftsmanship begins with taking preliminary steps that allow the paint to adhere and look amazing for a long time. These are certain steps you should take to prepare for an exterior painting project:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime provides you with a clear area to start working on, so using pressure washing equipment is a great way to wash it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove cracked or flaky pieces that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix flaws on exterior siding so that you can work on a clean texture.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on windows and trim to then paint it for a streamlined result.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to allow the paint to stay.
What's the price of painting a home's exterior?
The price of exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-level property can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level property. It's a great project for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it protected from the elements at all times. Another factor that can add to the overall price is how experienced your contractor is because it can equal high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a local painting contractor who can assess the project and give you an accurate estimate for the expenses you can anticipate to pay.
Find Exterior Home Painting Companies in New Portland, ME
Start your search for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and recruit companies in New Portland, ME. If your property needs a fresh coat of paint, you can recruit a professional with the qualifications and knowledge to provide high-quality services. You can upgrade your home's aesthetic with a fresh pop of color that also provides a strong barrier preventing damage from moisture. By hiring a painter to handle the project, you're ensuring it will be of high-quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can quickly browse for contractors, take a look at ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can see previous exterior painting jobs to get a better idea of what they can provide. Look through professional profiles and easing your search is a quicker process when you download our free platform. It's systematic and simple to use for anyone to pick the best professional for the project in their area. You can even direct message contractors, request an estimate, and schedule an appointment all in one app.
Discuss the project details with an exterior painter who can offer you helpful recommendations and help you brainstorm a beautiful color scheme. Having a newly painted house can boost your property value and overall make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what the right color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with help from many local professionals ready to roll up their sleeves and perform outstanding work. Get an excellent finished product by downloading our app and contacting an experienced professional to handle the whole process with close attention to detail.