Find a Pro in New Portland, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What does it typically cost in labor to paint the inside of a residence?
The cost to paint the interior of your home is dependant on the square footage of the room. One 300-square-foot area will be much more low-cost than an entire house, especially a larger home.
On average, expect to spend between $3 to $7 per square foot when enlisting a local professional to paint the interior of your home. You'll spend less if you paint the interior on your own or reside in an area with low labor costs. However, some factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or more if you have tall ceilings, need wall repair, or want accent walls.
What is the suggested frequency for repainting the exterior of my home?
There are some glaring signs to look out for, like cracking and chipping paint, but there are also some less evident things that can cause problems too. Painting an exterior can be an extensive job, so it's always a good idea to hire painting specialists.
Because every home is different, there is no set timeline to repaint, which makes this more difficult for homeowners. A lot of professionals express that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years, depending on factors like where you live, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
When you've just acquired a house, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's always recommended to try and find out, because having in-depth information about the paint job can make a big difference. The type of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color chosen can all affect its longevity. It's also beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, because whether your house was painted on a sunny or overcast day can impact how well the paint dried.
What kind of services can a house painter provide?
Some of the functions a vetted painter typically conducts include:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to select the ideal colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your hired expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and will handle the prep work before painting begins.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painter prepares for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for issues. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they see things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas need to be remediated before the project can commence, of course. Your professional could then direct you towards reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: Expert painting contractors are proficient at carrying out such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When hiring an expert painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much do painting contractors usually charge by the hour?
Typically, a painter's price on services varies from $22 to $43 per hour, not counting taxes or overhead included.
Take into account that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter hourly. For that reason, it does not include the cost of insurance, taxes, tools, or the paint itself.
Expert House Painting Contractors Near Near New Portland, Maine
When you're searching for a good house painter in New Portland, Maine, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your home is a great way to bring new life into your residence while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that gives a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home works to improve your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or make great recommendations about various paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also provides several practical advantages for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a range of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing capability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a simple site that brings together all the relevant information to let you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of reputable painters in New Portland, Maine and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also enables you to directly communicate with expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for a contractor who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.