Find a Cabinet Painter in New Sharon, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Maine // New Sharon
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Which kind of paint do you use with cabinets?
An often asked question is about the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and that used with walls. There are distinctions due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the kind of paint preferred for home walls will face many challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them that modern look. Common wall paints will not adhere adequately to cabinets or start chipping or flaking off prematurely. The kind of paint professionals choose for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates extended time to dry and cure than those usually used on walls.
How do I determine if I've found the right cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painters to uncover the best one for your needs and style requires a substantial amount of work. The first place to start is by knowing precisely what look you're trying to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see a sample of their prior work similar to your vision beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and ability. Professional contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You need to have a defined budget in mind when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate widely. Check that any painter you hire provides documentation of all material and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's expected completion. The last thing you need is for any surprises to occur after the project commences that will raise costs above what you planned for.
Pay close attention to the contractor's reputation by evaluating their online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from previous clients for view online, and these can be a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and on budget.
Should I paint my cabinets without sanding?
It's always tempting to quickly start painting and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming project when attempting it alone, but an expert will quickly and effectively bring your vision to life starting with the most important prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt or grime are completely removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also a good time to disassemble the cabinets and their gear, like drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products that professionals use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also penetrate to those nooks and crannies that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in most cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the current paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only flake away and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
What things are considered when it comes to the cost for painting cabinets?
There are many things that affect the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. In New Sharon, ME, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's advised to first obtain quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters might charge you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: Your painter will need to recoup the cost of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used in cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with a gallon typically being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the job performed.
You'll need to discuss your home's specific cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Update Your Home for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near New Sharon, ME
A smart way to boost the value of your home and refresh the look of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a cost-effective option over expensive replacements that also results in less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and provide a new look that will match your current tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter near New Sharon, ME varies, but many customers have reported spending as much as three times less on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the variation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, aspects such as the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painting contractors to discover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also benefits for the environment when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods with wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for logging. Your present cabinets could be in fair enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
When hunting for the perfect cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and needs, you should analyze their client reviews, gallery of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A dependable painter will be happy to share a history of delivering projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you know precisely what to expect when the job is complete. Discover all the information needed to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter in New Sharon, ME confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.