Find a Pro in New Sharon, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What's the common rate per hour for most painters?
The average painting contractor's price on services ranges from $22-$43 an hour, without taxes or overhead included.
Remember that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter hourly. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or any gallons of paint is not reflected in that cost.
What are the advantages of choosing interior painting?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Appeal of Your House: A great paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. It will also help sell a residence that's on the market faster, even above its listing price. Even if you are not planning on selling your residence in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement project with one of the best returns when factoring in the effect on property value and appeal.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly project to update your house, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. If you haven't painted your home in the past few years and have boring colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at peace. Also, many residents are working at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which color scheme you select, a fresh paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted secures your residence now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with materials that easily absorb moisture. Eventually, too much accumulation of moisture will result in degraded walls which can be detrimental to your property's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health issues. Paint works to keep moisture from getting through the porous walls of your residence.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints these days are manufactured with low or no VOCs. In case you or your family suffer from allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great choice for your home. A fresh coat of paint also limits dust and other particles to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: Most homes have flaws and blemishes. Walls often have dents, dings, and marks from the use of your residence over time. Getting your home's interior painted covers most imperfections and will make your home look updated and clean. A fresh coat of paint put on by an expert contractor will also update your home with a contemporary look.
When is the least active time of year for painters?
A major selling point about scheduling within the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing projects, so painting companies have more open spots in their schedules.
Therefore, they might be able to decrease their price than what they normally do in busier times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
How much can I expect to pay in labor costs when painting the inside of a home?
The cost to paint the inside of your residence is dependant on the dimensions of the room. A single 300-square-foot area will be much more affordable than the entire residence, especially a spacious home.
On average, expect to pay between $3 to $7 per square foot when contracting a nearby professional to paint the inside of your residence. You'll pay less if you paint the space on your own or live in an area with low labor costs. However, some factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or more if you have tall ceilings, need wall repair, or want accent walls.
Reliable Home Painters Near Near New Sharon, Maine
When you're looking for a dependable residential painter near New Sharon, Maine, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent option to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that delivers a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted home can boost your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or offer excellent recommendations about different paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Various colors will even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your residence also offers plenty of practical advantages for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a variety of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing function of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will beautify your residence inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a convenient platform that organizes all the relevant information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of professional painters in New Sharon, Maine and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also permits you to directly contact expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who will deliver the quality services you need.