Find a pro in Newcastle, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Newcastle, Maine. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Newcastle, Maine
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Newcastle, Maine, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Newcastle, Maine. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.