Find a Pro in Northeast Harbor, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is investing in interior painting a good decision?
Almost always the answer is yes, and there are other valuable advantages gained from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Value of Your House: A good paint job can communicate to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. Interior painting can also help sell a house that's on the market faster, even above its listing price. Even if you are not planning on selling your house in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the highest ROIs when factoring in the impact on home value and buyer interest.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly project to update your residence, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. If you haven't painted your home in the past few years and have older colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, growing numbers of residents are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which option you pick, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted secures your home now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are constructed of components which naturally retain moisture. Over time, too much accumulation of moisture can result in degraded walls which can be detrimental to your house's structural integrity. Moisture within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health concerns. Paint is designed to keep water from getting into the porous walls of your property.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints now are manufactured with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal choice for your home. A new coat of paint also keeps dust and other particles to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Great: Most residences have flaws and imperfections. Walls often show scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your house over the years. Having your home's interior painted hides all imperfections and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A lustrous coat of paint put on by an expert contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
What's the period of minimum demand for painters?
One of the biggest advantages to hiring during the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing home improvement projects, so painting companies are more readily available.
Accordingly, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they normally charge in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painting contractors are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
How often should I paint the exterior of my house?
There are a few evident things to watch out for, such as chipped or cracked paint; however, there are also some less obvious things that can cause problems too. Painting an exterior is a pretty big project, so it's never a bad idea to hire painting specialists.
What makes this hard for homeowners is there is no set deadline for a new coat, because every property differs from the other. A lot of experts say that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables like where you live, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
When you've just acquired a house, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's highly advisable to try and find out, because having detailed information about the paint job can be critical. The kind of paint utilized, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color chosen can all affect its longevity. It could be beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, because whether your house was painted on a sunny or overcast day can impact how well the paint dried.
What all can a residential painter do?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can help with:
- Choose Colors: If you're struggling to choose the ideal colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your vetted professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and can take care of this prep work before painting commences.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painting service prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they find anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These issues must be addressed before the project can commence, of course. Your professional might then recommend trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: Expert painting contractors are proficient at carrying out such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When enlisting a high-quality painter, you likely won't have to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned your home's surfaces, checked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
Find an Experienced Residential Painter To Update Your Living Spaces Near Near Northeast Harbor, Maine
When you need a good residential painter near Northeast Harbor, Maine, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your house is a great choice to bring new life into your residence while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that gives a great ROI in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted home works to boost your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or make great suggestions about various paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your house also brings several useful advantages for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a host of issues caused by bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst culprits of home decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will beautify your residence inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that organizes all the necessary information to let you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of professional painters in Northeast Harbor, Maine and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also permits you to directly contact professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who can deliver the quality and value you need.