Find a pro in Palermo, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Palermo, Maine
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Palermo, Maine. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Palermo, Maine. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.