Find a Pro in Peru, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the typical labor cost to paint the inside of a house?
The cost to paint the inside of your residence is dependant on the dimensions of the area. One 300-square-foot room will be much more affordable than the entire residence, especially a larger residence.
On average, expect to spend between $3 and $7 per square foot when employing a nearby professional to paint the inside of your residence. You'll spend less if you paint the house on your own or reside in a region with low labor costs. However, certain factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or more if you have high ceilings, need wall repair, or want accent walls.
What is the recommended schedule for repainting the outer walls of a residence?
Chipped and cracked paint are some glaring things to watch out for; however, there are also some less obvious things that can create issues too. Painting an exterior is a pretty big project, so it's always a good idea to hire professional painters.
Because every home differs from one another, there is no set deadline to apply another coat, and this makes things more difficult for homeowners. Most experts say that you'll need to paint every five to ten years. This will be determined by factors like where you live, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, you may be uncertain about when its most recent paint job was done. It's highly advisable to try and find out, because possessing in-depth information about the paint job will make a big difference. The kind of paint utilized, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color selected can all impact its longevity. It's also useful to know the season in which it was painted, because whether the residence was painted on a bright or overcast day can change how well the paint dried.
What all will a residential painter do?
A few of the functions a vetted painter generally performs include:
- Advise the Best Colors: If you're struggling to select the ideal colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your certified professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time sticking to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter understands this and can take care of this prep work before painting commences.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painter preps for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they discover things like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas need to be addressed before painting can commence, of course. Your professional might then recommend reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Carry Out Light Fixes: Experienced painters are proficient at conducting such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When employing a professional painter, you likely don't have to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and conducted necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
What is the usual hourly rate for painters?
The average painting contractor's cost of labor ranges between $22-$43 an hour, not counting tax or overhead included.
Take into account that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist hourly. That's only the labor. Insurance, tax, tools, or any gallons of paint is not reflected in that cost.
Experienced Residential Painters in in Peru, ME
When you need a reliable house painter in Peru, ME, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a smart option to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that gives a big ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted house can elevate your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or make excellent suggestions about various paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors will even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your residence also brings many useful advantages for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a range of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of structural decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one platform that compiles all the relevant information to help you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of vetted painters in Peru, ME and the surrounding areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly message professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your search for a contractor who will deliver the quality services you need.