Find a Pro in Pittsfield, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Can interior painting give a worthwhile return on investment?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting services:
- Boost the Value of Your House: A professional paint job can communicate to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. It can also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even above its listing price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your residence in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor could last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your property that truly pays for itself.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively low-cost project to update your house, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. Assuming you haven't painted your interior recently and have poor colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at ease. Additionally, many people are working from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the option you select, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted secures your house now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are manufactured with materials which easily retain moisture. Over time, enough absorption can result in degraded walls which can be detrimental to your home's structural integrity. Moisture within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health issues. Paint enables you to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints currently are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. If you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your interior. A new application of paint also limits dirt and other toxins to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Amazing: Most residences contain flaws and imperfections. Walls often have scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your residence over the years. Getting your house's interior painted hides most imperfections and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh paint color for your interior can also modernize your home.
When do painters receive the slowest business demand?
A major selling point about scheduling during the colder months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The colder conditions often keep most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so painting contractors are more readily available.
As a result, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they normally charge in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I consider repainting my residence's exterior?
There are a few evident signs to keep an eye out for, such as cracking and chipping paint, but there are also some less obvious things that can cause issues too. Exterior painting can be an extensive project, so it's never a bad idea to hire painting specialists.
Unfortunately, there is no set deadline to repaint, because every home is different. Most professionals say that you'll need to paint approximately within five to ten years, depending on other variables like where you live, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's highly advisable to try and find out, because having detailed information about the paint job can be critical. The variety of paint used, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color chosen can all affect its durability. It's also beneficial to know the time of year in which it was painted, because whether your residence was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can impact how well the paint dries.
What are the services I should expect my professional painting contractor to offer?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can assist with:
- Advise the Best Colors: When struggling to identify the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This can save you time, and you can count on the experience of your certified painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter understands this and can take care of this prep work before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painter prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they discover anything such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas must be fixed before painting can begin, of course. Your professional might then recommend reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: Experienced painters are proficient at performing such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By employing a high-quality painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, checked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Vetted Home Painting Contractors Near Near Pittsfield, Maine
When you need a good residential painter in Pittsfield, Maine, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a great choice to bring new life into your property while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that provides a big ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted house works to elevate your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or offer excellent recommendations about various paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your residence also provides plenty of useful advantages for its structural integrity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a range of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that brings together all the necessary information to help you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of professional painters in Pittsfield, Maine and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also allows you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for a pro who can deliver the quality services you need.