Find a Pro in Randolph, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Can interior painting give an adequate ROI?
The short answer will be yes, and there are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting services:
- Raise the Appeal of Your Home: A professional paint job will display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. Interior painting will also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even above its asking price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your residence in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement project with one of the highest ROIs when considering the impact on property value and appeal.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively affordable way to update your house, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy place. If you have not painted your house recently and have older colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at ease. Also, many residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which color scheme you select, a fresh paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted protects your house now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with materials that naturally retain moisture. Over time, too much accumulation of moisture will result in degraded walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Water inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health issues. Paint enables you to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your home.
- Boost Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints currently are manufactured with low or no VOCs. If you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal option for your interior. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dust and other toxins to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: All residences have flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently obtain scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your residence over time. Having your house's interior painted hides all cosmetic issues and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh paint color applied to your interior will also modernize your residence.
What is the slowest season of year for painting contractors?
One of the biggest advantages to scheduling within the winter months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep most homeowners from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painting contractors are more readily available.
As a result, they might be able to decrease their price than what they normally do in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
What is the suggested interval for repainting the exterior of a residence?
There are some obvious things to watch out for, like cracking and chipping paint, but there are also some less evident things that can create issues too. Exterior painting can be an extensive project, so it's never a bad idea to hire painting specialists.
Because every home differs from one another, there is no set deadline to repaint, and this makes things more difficult for homeowners. A lot of experts say that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by factors like where you live, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's a good idea to try to find out, since possessing detailed information about the paint job will make a big difference. The type of paint utilized, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color chosen can all impact its lifespan. It could be useful to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether the house was painted on a bright or overcast day can affect how well the paint dried.
What kind of services does a residential painter offer?
Some of the services an expert painter typically performs include:
- Advise the Best Colors: When struggling to find the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your certified expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time sticking to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter knows this and will take care of this prep stage before painting starts.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painting service prepares for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they discover things like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These surfaces need to be fixed before the project can begin, of course. Your professional could then suggest other reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: Expert painting contractors are proficient at performing such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When hiring an expert painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Reliable Home Painters Serving in Randolph, ME
When you want a reliable residential painter near Randolph, ME, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a great option to breathe new life into your property while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that delivers a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted house works to enhance your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer great recommendations about different paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your residence also supplies plenty of practical advantages for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a variety of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing capability of a good paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will beautify your residence inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use tool that brings together all the necessary information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of reputable painters in Randolph, ME and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also enables you to directly communicate with professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who will deliver the quality services you need.