Find a pro in Round Pond, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Round Pond, ME. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Round Pond, ME
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Round Pond, ME. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.