Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Sabattus, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How regularly can cabinets be refinished
One of the best benefits about wood is that it can be refinished several times to make the product appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, such as the strength of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the service needs to be done again depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing project will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
How will cabinet refinishing be the best option for my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit waste by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to enhance its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets could already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less disruption to your daily life compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Sabattus, ME have detailed paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this project is right for you.
What certifications or qualifications will a cabinet refinishing expert usually possess?
Though there aren't industry-standard licenses specifically for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are some qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can look for when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will highlight any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a related skill on their Thumbtack page.
You will want to ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished for previous clients, especially featuring finished projects that are similar to the style you're trying to accomplish. Other than a picture gallery, most professional contractors will showcase their experience and reliability with online customer reviews.
A dependable professional can provide a detailed written estimate of the job before it commences, outlining the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors need to possess exceptional communication skills and be able to answer any questions and concerns regarding budget, time, and craftsmanship throughout the refinishing project. You should also ask for warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another factor that can demonstrate they have faith in the quality of their craftsmanship.
How will professionals conduct cabinet refinishing?
An expert handling your cabinet refinishing job will follow an established process for speed and proven results. There are generally several steps used to transform the style of existing cabinets, for example:
- Assessment and Preparation: Cabinets should be first inspected to make sure they are in good enough condition for refinishing. If so, all gear will be removed, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces will be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Repair and Fill: Some insignificant issues, such as scratches, dings, and other imperfections in the wood will be repaired or filled to better blend in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in thin, even coats to achieve the look you've envisioned. The drying and curing step is vital to imparting a professional result, and may require a few hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: After the paint or stain completely cures, all parts will be put back on and cabinets fully reassembled for use. A quality inspection will guarantee the finished project satisfies your expectations, which includes a final cleanup of the complete work area.
It's important to note that any refinishing process will vary depending on things such as the model of cabinets and the chosen finish. Furthermore, professionals may perform detailed techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific aesthetic results, which will require a longer process with more steps. Be sure to speak clearly with any contractor you employ to ensure they have the skill to bring your vision to life.
Hire The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Sabattus, ME
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and many homeowners in Sabattus, ME have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many homeowners are starting to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less disruptive to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Sabattus, ME with confidence.