Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Saco, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish used cabinets instead of purchase new models?
Cabinet refinishing is a very beneficial home improvement project that plenty of people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a good way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than replace it. Some other excellent benefits of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the look of your kitchen with relatively little work and money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and simple technique to update their style versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the trouble of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get excellent results when you hire a vetted contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to make sure your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What are the differences of cabinet refacing and cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used interchangeably, but there are big differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand what service you need. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the present doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features its own unique approach and delivers a distinctive effect in the style of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
Is there a recommended frequency for refinishing cabinets
One of the great advantages with wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times you can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the strength of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the process must be repeated is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing service could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Why will cabinet refinishing be the most suitable option for my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than buying new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a large variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets might already fit in great with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves less disruption to your lifestyle compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
People of Saco, ME have related paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this project is best for you.
Employ The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Saco, ME
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to beautify the look of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and several people in Saco, ME have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many people are beginning to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Saco, ME confidently.