Find a Pro in Sangerville, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What features should influence your choice of exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home, selecting an elegant color that complements your overall design will be the best choice. It's somewhat inexpensive to boost the appearance of your home with help from a trained and equipped contractor. These are some of the considerations you should make when choosing a color pattern for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you pick should complement the overarching design you're aiming for and the mood you want to form. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends considerable time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Greens and blues are tasteful shades that have the ability to make you feel at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For a touch of color that sticks out from the others, oranges and yellows are bright enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Subdued, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a property feel more pleasant and comfortable.
Why may it be beneficial to recruit the skills of an exterior painting professional?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will normally provide you with a high-quality outcome than you could bring about on your own. DIY projects rarely go as planned unless you have the tools and knowledge to perform the job to industry standards. Instead of covering up flaws, homeowners can turn to an exterior painting contractor to carry out the job as adeptly as possible. The training they've acquired from their experience in the field will be reflected in the degree of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the exterior, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you should a contractor to do it all. With their first-rate practices and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or providing subpar results.
How can you prepare your house for an exterior painting project?
Exterior painting offers excellent results when it is done with careful attention to detail and adhering to high-quality standards. Professional painters are prepared with the skills, tools, and methods to do the job with exceptional workmanship. Superb workmanship starts with taking preliminary steps that help the paint stay and look amazing for many years. Get ready for an exterior painting job by taking the following steps:
- Power wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt gives you a spotless area to begin working on, so using pressure washing equipment is an effective way to rinse it off.
- Sand away loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove cracked or flaky pieces that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can fix irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work on a flat texture.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it for a streamlined finish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to help the paint adhere.
How much does it cost to paint a home's exterior?
The cost of exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story property can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's a worthwhile project for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can add to the overall price is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can mean high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and offer you a free estimate for the expenses you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Streamlined Way to Find Exterior Painting Companies in Sangerville, Maine
Start looking for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and recruit companies in Sangerville, Maine. If your property needs a fresh coat of paint, you can hire a contractor with the qualifications and experience to deliver excellent services. You can upgrade your property's curb appeal with a new pop of color that simultaneously offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage. By hiring a painter to take care of the job, you're ensuring the work will meet your specifications.
On our comprehensive home management app, you can quickly search for professionals, take a look at ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can see other exterior painting projects to get a good idea of their degree of expertise. Search through candidate profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you download our no-cost app. It's systematic and easy to use for homeowners to select the most suitable professional for the job in their area. In addition, you can send direct messages, request a quote, and book a consultation all in one app.
Discuss the project details with an exterior painting professional who can provide you with helpful tips and help you come up with an elegant color combination. Painting can increase your property value and generally make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's awesome what the right sheen, color, and application can do to breathe some new life into a place. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with help from many local professionals ready to roll up their sleeves and deliver outstanding craftsmanship. Get excellent results by downloading our app and get in touch with a skilled exterior painter to handle every step in the process with the utmost attention to detail.