Find a pro in Shapleigh, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Shapleigh, Maine
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Shapleigh, Maine. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.