Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Shapleigh, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of benefits can I expect when choosing to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly advantageous home improvement project that plenty of homeowners discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a smart practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other excellent perks of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically change the look of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and easy way to change their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the trouble of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect excellent results when you allow a competent contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to make sure your cabinets look as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Is there a difference between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand which service you need. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the current doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has a unique approach and offers a distinctive result in the style of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times could cabinets be refinished?
One of the best benefits about wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, such as the durability of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the process needs to be done again depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing service could last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Are refinished cabinets worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new models and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit waste by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable way to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already work well with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your home compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Shapleigh, ME have related paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is best for you.
One Platform for All The Information You Need To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher Near Shapleigh, ME With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several homeowners in Shapleigh, ME have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many homeowners are beginning to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less disruptive to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Shapleigh, ME confidently.