Find a Pro in Skowhegan, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Will interior painting provide a worthwhile return on investment?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Appeal of Your Home: A great paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. Interior painting can also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even over listing price. Even if you are not thinking about listing your residence in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement investment with one of the highest ROIs when considering the effect on property value and buyer interest.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively low-cost way to update your home, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. If you have not painted your home recently and have older colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at ease. Additionally, growing numbers of residents are working at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the color scheme you choose, a new paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted strengthens your home now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with materials which naturally absorb moisture. Over time, too much accumulation of moisture can lead to compromised walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Water within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health dangers. Paint enables you to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints currently are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. If you or your family suffer from allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great choice for your home. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Great: Most residences harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls often feature dents, dings, and markings from the use of your residence over the years. Having your home's interior painted removes most imperfections and can make your home look updated and clean. A new coat of paint applied by an expert contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
What's the season of least demand for painters?
A major selling point about hiring within the colder season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep people from wanting to do projects, so painting contractors have more open spots in their schedules.
As a result, it's possible they'll decrease their price than what they normally do in peak seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
How frequently should I consider repainting my residence's exterior?
There are a few evident things to look out for, such as cracking and chipping paint, but there are also some less evident things that can create problems too. Painting an exterior can be a big project, so it's never a bad idea to hire professional painters.
Because every home differs from one another, there is no set deadline to repaint, and this makes things more difficult for people. Most experts express that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years, based on other variables such as where you're located, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
When you've just acquired a house, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's always recommended to try and find out, since having in-depth information about the paint job can be critical. The variety of paint used, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color selected can all impact its lifespan. It could be beneficial to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether the residence was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can impact how well the paint dries.
What services are within the scope of a residential painter?
Here is what an expert painter can assist with:
- Advise the Best Colors: If you're struggling to choose the ideal colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your hired painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a harder time sticking to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and will handle the prep stage before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your home painting service prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they find anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas must be fixed before the project can commence, of course. Your professional might then direct you towards reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they will handle it themselves.
- Carry Out Light Fixes: Professional painters are proficient at carrying out such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By enlisting an expert painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, checked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
Dependable Home Painting Contractors Serving in Skowhegan, Maine
When you're looking for a reliable house painter near Skowhegan, Maine, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and needs. Painting your home is a smart choice to bring new life into your property while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that provides a great ROI in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted home works to enhance your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or offer great suggestions about different paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors can even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your residence also gives several useful benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a variety of problems caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a simple platform that collects all the necessary information to let you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of vetted painters in Skowhegan, Maine and nearby areas based on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also permits you to directly communicate with professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for a pro who can deliver the quality services you deserve.