Find a Pro in Solon, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
How much should I expect to pay in labor costs for painting the inside of a home?
The cost to paint the inside of your house depends on the overall size of the room. A single 300-square-foot space will be much more low-cost than the entire home, especially a spacious one.
On average, expect to spend around $3 to $7 per square foot when hiring a nearby painter to paint the inside of your house. You'll spend less if you paint the interior yourself or live in an area with low labor rates. However, other factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or more if you have high ceilings, need wall repair, or want accents.
What is the right interval for repainting the outer walls of a house?
Chipped and cracked paint are some obvious things to keep an eye on, but there are also some less evident things that can create problems as well. Exterior painting is a pretty big project, so it's always a good idea to hire professional painters.
What can make this difficult is there is no set deadline to repaint, because every home differs from the other. A lot of professionals express that you'll need to paint every five to ten years. This will be determined by factors such as where you live, climate, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's highly advisable to try and find out, because having detailed information about the paint job can be critical. The type of paint utilized, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color used can all affect its longevity. It could be useful to know the time of year in which it was painted, because whether the home was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can change how well the paint dried.
What are examples of services I should expect my professional painting contractor to offer?
A few of the functions a vetted painter usually conducts include:
- Select Colors: In case you're struggling to identify the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. This can save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your certified expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter knows this and can handle this prep work before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your home painter preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they notice anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces must be fixed before painting can start, of course. Your painter could then direct you towards dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they will handle it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Experienced painters are proficient at performing such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When enlisting a professional painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much is the typical per hour rate charged by painters?
Normally, a painter's price on labor ranges from $22 to $43 per hour, not counting tax or product included.
Remember that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay a professional painter per hour. Insurance, tax, tools, or the paint itself is not added in that cost.
Dependable Home Painting Contractors in Near Solon, ME
When you're searching for a reliable house painter near Solon, ME, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent way to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that gives a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a newly painted house can elevate your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or make excellent recommendations about various paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your house also offers plenty of useful benefits for its structural integrity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a variety of issues caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading causes of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use platform that brings together all the important information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of reputable painters in Solon, ME and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly message professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for the contractor who can deliver the quality and value you need.