Find a Pro in South Bristol, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you pick the best exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home, selecting an elegant color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the best choice. It's somewhat affordable to improve how your home looks with help from a skilled and equipped painting contractor. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when selecting a color for your exterior painting project:
- Color arrangement: The colors you pick should complement the overarching design you're aiming for and the atmosphere you want to spend time in. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends considerable time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Greens and blues are tasteful shades that have the tendency to put you at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that stands out from the others, oranges and yellows are vivid enough to achieve the desired results.
- Comfort: Subdued, neutral colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a home feel more cozy and content.
What are the reasons for engaging the services of a professional exterior painting contractor?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will typically give you a better outcome than you could achieve on your own. DIY jobs don't always go as planned unless you're equipped with the materials and training to perform the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of attempting to fix mistakes, homeowners can recruit an exterior painter to perform the project as efficiently as possible. The knowledge they've gained from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the degree of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From power washing the exterior, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you should hire a contractor to carry it out. With their high-quality approach and guaranteed work, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or providing subpar results.
How do you get a home ready for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides the best results when it is carried out with careful attention to detail and adhering to the highest standards. Professional painters are equipped with the knowledge, materials, and strategies to perform the project with excellent workmanship. Superb workmanship begins with taking preliminary steps that allow the paint to stick and look amazing for many years. Get ready for an exterior painting project by taking the following steps:
- Pressure wash: Removing dirt and grime provides you with a spotless area to work with, so using power washing tools is a great way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off chipped paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove cracked or flaky pieces that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work on a flat texture.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it with a smooth finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to stick.
What's the cost of painting a home's exterior?
The cost of exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's a worthwhile project for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements all year round. Another factor that can influence the overall price is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can equate to higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a local painting contractor who can assess the project and offer you a free estimate for the costs you can expect to pay.
Find Exterior House Painting Services Near South Bristol, Maine
Begin looking for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and seek the assistance of companies in South Bristol, Maine. If your home needs some new paint, you can hire a contractor with the skills and experience to deliver high-quality services. You can update your property's aesthetic with fresh paint that provides a durable barrier preventing damage simultaneously. By hiring a contractor to carry out the project, you're ensuring the work will meet your specifications.
On our all-inclusive home management platform, you can swiftly search for painters, take a look at ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can take a look at previous exterior painting jobs to gain a better idea of what they can provide. Search through candidate profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you download our no-charge app. It's streamlined and simple to use for homeowners to select the best professional for the project near them. You can also direct message contractors, request a quote, and schedule an appointment all in one app.
Discuss the project details with an exterior painter who can give you beneficial tips and help you brainstorm an elegant color combination. Painting projects can boost your property value and overall make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's incredible what the right sheen, color, and application can do to bring some new life into a place. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from a number of local contractors ready to begin the project and perform excellent work. Get outstanding results by using our app and get in touch with an experienced painter to handle the whole process with the utmost attention to detail.