Find a Cabinet Refinisher in South Portland, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the advantages associated with cabinet refinishing versus installing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a great way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other great benefits of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the style of your kitchen through relatively little work and money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and easy technique to update their style versus installing new ones. Since you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the long process of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect high-quality outcomes when you allow a qualified contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to make sure your cabinets look as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
In what aspects do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used together, but there are big differences between them and professional contractors will need to know what service you need. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the present doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and imparts a distinctive effect in the appearance of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many years can cabinets that have been refinished retain their new look
One of the best benefits about wood is that it can be refinished several times to make the product look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the strength of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the project must be followed up depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing job should last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
How should I determine if cabinet refinishing is the best idea to bring my vision to life?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit waste by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a wide range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive way to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets could already work well with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in less chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents in South Portland, Maine have related paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
One Place for All The Information Needed To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in South Portland, Maine With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the style of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and several people in South Portland, Maine have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more people are beginning to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and reliability through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in South Portland, Maine with confidence.