Find a Pro in Spruce Head, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are some benefits of updating my home through interior painting?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Value of Your Residence: A professional paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. Interior painting will also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even above its asking price. Even if you are not planning on selling your residence in the near future, a good interior paint job by a professional painter could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your property that really pays for itself.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively inexpensive project to update your house, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy place. If you have not painted your interior recently or have boring colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at ease. Also, growing numbers of people are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what option you choose, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted strengthens your property now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with materials that easily retain moisture. Over time, too much absorption will result in compromised walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Moisture within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health dangers. Paint works to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your residence.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints currently are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. If you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the best choice for your interior. A new coat of paint also limits dust and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Amazing: Most houses contain flaws and imperfections. Walls often obtain scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your residence over time. Having your house's interior painted eliminates all cosmetic issues and will make your room look updated and clean. A lustrous coat of paint put on by a vetted contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
When is the least busy season for painters?
One of the biggest selling points about scheduling during the colder season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing home improvement projects, so professional painters have more open spots in their schedules.
For that reason, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they normally charge in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I think about repainting my residence's exterior?
There are a few glaring things to look out for, like chipped or cracked paint; however, there are also some less obvious things that can cause issues too. Painting an exterior is a pretty extensive project, so it's never a bad idea to book expert painters.
Because every house is different, there is no set timeline to apply another coat, and this makes things more difficult for people. Most experts say that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by factors like where you live, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, you may be uncertain about when it was last painted. It's a good idea to try to find out, because possessing detailed information about the paint job will be critical. The type of paint utilized, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color chosen can all affect its lifespan. It could be beneficial to know the time of year in which it was painted, because whether the home was painted on a bright or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dried.
What are the duties of a residential painter?
A few of the services a vetted painter typically conducts include:
- Pick Colors: If you're struggling to choose the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this will save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your vetted expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and will take care of this prep stage before painting begins.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painting service prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they notice anything like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These damages must be fixed before painting can commence, of course. Your service may then suggest other dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Most painting contractors are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When hiring an expert painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned the home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and conducted necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
Vetted Home Painting Contractors Near in Spruce Head, ME
When you require a good residential painter in Spruce Head, ME, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent choice to breathe new life into your property while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that delivers a big ROI in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted house works to enhance your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or make great recommendations about various paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Various colors will even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your residence also supplies several practical benefits for its structural integrity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a host of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing capability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a convenient tool that collects all the necessary information to let you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of professional painters in Spruce Head, ME and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also allows you to directly contact expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for a pro who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.