Find a Pro in Stonington, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What array of services will a residential painter provide?
Examples of the tasks a professional painter usually conducts include:
- Choose Colors: If you're struggling to select the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your vetted painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter understands this and can take care of this prep stage before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your home painting service prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they see anything such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces must be addressed before the project can begin, of course. Your service might then recommend reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Most painting contractors are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By enlisting a high-quality painter, you likely won't have to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What will most painters charge per hour?
Normally, a painter's cost of labor varies between $22-$43 an hour, not counting taxes or overhead included.
Take into account that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting contractor hourly. Therefore, it does not include the cost of insurance, taxes, equipment, or the paint itself.
Is paying for interior painting a smart idea?
Almost always the answer is yes, and there are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Appeal of Your House: A good paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your home. It can also help sell a home that's on the market sooner, even above its listing price. Even if you are not planning on selling your home in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the highest returns when factoring in the impact on home value and appeal.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively inexpensive way to update your home, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy place. If you have not painted your home in the past few years or have boring colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at ease. Also, many people are working from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the option you pick, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted strengthens your residence now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are made of materials that naturally retain moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture can result in compromised walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Moisture within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health risks. Paint enables you to keep moisture from getting into the porous walls of your house.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints these days are produced with low or no VOCs. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your home. A fresh coat of paint also limits dirt and other toxins to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Amazing: Most houses have flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently contain dents, dings, and markings from the use of your home over time. Having your home's interior painted removes all cosmetic issues and can make your room look updated and clean. A new paint color for your interior can also modernize your living space.
During what time of the year are painters usually less busy?
One of the biggest selling points about hiring within the colder season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so painters are more readily available.
Therefore, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they typically do in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
Knowledgeable Home Painters in in Stonington, ME
When you need a dependable house painter in Stonington, ME, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a smart option to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that provides a big ROI in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home works to enhance your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or make great suggestions about different paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors can even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your home also supplies several practical benefits for its durability. Paint acts as a sealant to protect the wood from a host of problems caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a good paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use site that compiles all the relevant information to let you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of professional painters in Stonington, ME and nearby areas based on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also permits you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for the pro who can deliver the quality services you deserve.