Find a Pro in Surry, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you select the best color for exterior paint?
When you're deciding on a paint color scheme for your home, selecting an elegant color that complements your overall design will be the perfect choice. It's fairly inexpensive to enhance the appearance of your home with help from a trained and experienced painter. These are some of the considerations you should make when choosing a color for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you select should go with the overall aesthetic you're aiming for and the mood you want to create. Make the space your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends substantial time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Greens and blues are tasteful tones that have the ability to put you at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that sticks out from the others, yellows and oranges are vivid enough to attain the desired results.
- Comfort: Muted, versatile colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more pleasant and comfortable.
Why should you retain the services of an exterior painting contractor?
Recruiting an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your home will usually provide you with a superior result than you could bring about on your own. DIY projects rarely go as you hope unless you have the tools and training to perform the project to industry standards. Instead of spending time attempting to repair flaws, homeowners can recruit an exterior painting contractor to carry out the project as efficiently as possible. The skill they've gained from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the degree of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From power washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you need to hire a contractor to execute it. With their first-rate process and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or providing subpar results.
How do you prepare a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting delivers outstanding results when it's carried out with careful attention to detail and adhering to the highest standards. Professional painters are equipped with the skills, tools, and techniques to perform the project with outstanding craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship starts with taking preliminary steps that allow the paint to stick and look amazing for a long time. These are certain steps you need to take to prepare for an exterior painting project:
- Power wash: Removing dirt and grime provides you with a clear area to start working on, so using power washing tools is a productive way to wash it off.
- Scrape off chipped paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove flaky or cracked parts that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix flaws on exterior of your home so that you can work with a flat surface.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on trim and windows to then paint it with a smooth result.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to allow the paint to adhere.
How costly is it to execute an exterior painting project for a home?
The cost of exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a worthwhile home improvement for many homeowners who want to boost their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements all year round. Another factor that can contribute to the overall cost is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can result in high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a local painting contractor who can evaluate the project and provide you with an accurate quote for the costs you can expect to pay.
Compare Exterior Painting Contractors Near Surry, ME
Start browsing for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and recruit companies in Surry, ME. If your home needs some new paint, you can hire a contractor with the skills and background to offer high-quality services. You can improve your property's design with a fresh pop of color that simultaneously offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from the elements. By recruiting a contractor to carry out the project, you're ensuring the work will meet your specifications.
On our comprehensive home management app, you can swiftly look for professionals, take a look at ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can check out other exterior painting projects to gain a solid idea of their degree of expertise. Look through professional profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you use our no-charge platform. It's convenient and easy to use for homeowners to select the most qualified candidates for the project near them. You can even direct message contractors, ask for a quote, and book an appointment all in one place.
Go over the project details with an exterior painting contractor who can provide you with useful suggestions and help you come up with a beautiful color scheme. Painting projects can raise your property value and overall make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's incredible what the right color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a space. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with help from a number of local professionals prepared to start the project and deliver excellent craftsmanship. Get an excellent finished product by downloading our home management platform and contacting an experienced professional to take care of every step in the process with careful attention to detail.