Find a Pro in Topsham, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What will it typically cost for labor to paint the inside of a home?
The cost to paint the interior of your home is dependant on the dimensions of the room. A single 300-square-foot room will be much more affordable than the entire house, especially a big one.
You should expect to spend around $3 and $7 per square foot when employing a local painter to paint the interior of your home. You'll spend less if you paint the interior yourself or reside in an area with low labor rates. However, other factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or higher if you have high ceilings, need structural repair, or want accent walls.
How long is the right schedule for repainting the outside of a home?
Chipped and cracked paint are some obvious things to watch out for; however, there are also some less evident things that can cause issues too. Exterior painting is a pretty big job, so it's never a bad idea to hire professional painters.
Because every home is different, there is no set deadline to repaint, and this makes things more difficult for homeowners. Most professionals say that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables such as where you live, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's always recommended to try to find out, because having in-depth information about the paint job can be critical. The type of paint utilized, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all impact its longevity. It's also beneficial to know the time of year in which it was painted, because whether your house was painted on a bright or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dries.
What services are within the scope of a house painter?
Examples of the services a vetted painter typically performs include:
- Select Colors: If you're struggling to find the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can count on the experience of your certified expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter knows this and can take care of the prep work before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painter preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for damage. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they find things such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These surfaces need to be addressed before the project can start, of course. Your professional could then suggest other dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: Expert painters are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By enlisting an expert painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the usual hourly cost for painters?
Normally, a painter's price on services varies between $22 to $43 per hour, without taxes or overhead included.
Take into account that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist hourly. That's only for the service. Insurance, taxes, tools, or the paint itself is not reflected in that cost.
Dependable House Painting Contractors in Near Topsham, ME
When you're searching for a dependable house painter in Topsham, ME, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent option to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that provides a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted house can boost your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or make excellent suggestions about various paint brands and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors can even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also gives plenty of practical advantages for its durability. Paint works as a sealant to protect surfaces from a variety of issues caused by bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will beautify your residence inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use platform that organizes all the important information to let you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of vetted painters in Topsham, ME and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also permits you to directly message professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who can deliver the quality services you need.