Find a Pro in Troy, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the services of a residential painter?
Some of the functions a professional painter usually performs include:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to identify the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. This can save you time, and you can count on the experience of your vetted painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time sticking to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and can take care of this prep work before painting begins.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painting service prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for issues. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they see things such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These damages need to be fixed before the project can begin, of course. Your service might then recommend dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: Expert painting contractors are proficient at making such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By employing an expert painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the typical hourly charge for painters?
Typically, a painting contractor's cost of labor varies between $22 to $43 per hour, without tax or overhead included.
Remember that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist hourly. For that reason, that price does not reflect the addition of insurance, tax, tools, or any gallons of paint.
What are some benefits of updating my home through interior painting?
The short answer is yes, and there are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Value of Your House: A good paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. Interior painting can also help sell a home that's on the market faster, even over listing price. Even if you are not planning on selling your home in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the best returns when factoring in the effect on home value and appeal.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly project to update your residence, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. Assuming you haven't painted your interior in the past few years and have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, growing numbers of people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what color scheme you go with, a new paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted protects your property now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are manufactured with components that naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture can lead to degraded walls which can be detrimental to your property's structural integrity. Water behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health concerns. Paint is designed to keep moisture from getting through the porous walls of your property.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints currently are made with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your home. A new coat of paint also limits dust and other particles to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: All residences harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently contain scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your home over the years. Having your house's interior painted hides those imperfections and can make your home look updated and clean. A fresh coat of paint put on by a professional painter will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What's the time of least demand for painters?
A major selling point about hiring within the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep people from wanting to do projects, so painting companies have the availability.
As a result, it's possible they'll charge a lower rates than what they typically charge in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
Hire an Experienced House Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces in in Troy, ME
When you're looking for a reliable residential painter near Troy, ME, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your home is an excellent way to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that provides a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a newly painted house can enhance your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or make great recommendations about various paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors can even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and interior of your home also offers many useful benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a range of issues caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading causes of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will beautify your residence inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a convenient platform that organizes all the important information to help you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of reputable painters in Troy, ME and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also permits you to directly communicate with expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for a contractor who can deliver the quality services you need.