Find a pro in Vienna, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Vienna, Maine
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Vienna, Maine. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Vienna, Maine. Get the roofing services you need for your home today.